Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Friday, April 07, 2006

New Camera :)


As of yesterday, I'm the proud new daddy of Nikon 8800 coolpix fixed lens camera. I had to beg borrow and steal to get this thing and I want to say thanks to Harvey and Ross (couple of good friends of mine) for helpin me get it. I have a long way to go, I know literally nothing about photography and I'll be doing self taught tutorial's with he help of Harvey (pro photographer friend of mine) and posting the pics that I teach myself with as well as the settings for the pictures. I figure posting each days lessons will kind of burn in what I've learned.

6 Comments:

Blogger CameraDawktor said...

That is super cool and I am coveting that man. Can't wait to get my new camera so I'll be watching your posts to see if this is what I'll get! So impress me DUDE, the pressures on!

Glad you are back! Did you see you won the contest, you weren't surprised now were you!

5:15 AM  
Blogger gap said...

YAY! Right on, Dave!

Thank god for friends. I have a half and half deal going on here. I fund half of the D20 and the other half gets funded. Not bad. I'm getting there.

Your new pics are full of passion and newness.

Toodles!

1:19 PM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Well, hope you don't think I'm a copycat! After seeing your camera here I showed my hubby and we got on e-bay. Low and behold there was one for sale. So.....made a bid and just found out I was the highest bidder.

Still waiting for the PayPal account to go through and of course, for the seller to deliver on the goods. So I will let you know when it is in my hot little hands!!!

I will definitely be following along here as you go through your self-tutorial.

Cross your fingers for me that everything goes smoothly. I am just dying to have a new/better digital camera!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

New camera! WOOT!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Matt, thanks man... I hope it works for me.. hehe

cameraDawktor, I don't mind!

underexposed, thanks again man, I gotta say your stuff inspires me as much as you say mine does for you.

Karen, !!!!! :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger ndiginiz said...

Tena koe ehoa
Dude I'm not sure what you used efore but welcome to the Nikon club! Happy shooting!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home