Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cyber-shot® DSC-R1

All I can say is, Wow. If I buy a new camera, this one is it. As far as i can tell it's the best in it's class.

Specifications
• Imaging Device: 21.5 x 14.4mm 10.3 Megapixel Effective Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) Image Sensor
• Recording Media: Memory Stick® Media, Memory Stick PRO™ Media, Microdrive and CompactFlash® Type I/II Media
• Zoom: 5X Optical, 2X Digital, 0 - 15X Smart Zoom™ Feature (depending on resolution)
• Filter Diameter: 67mm
• Focal Length: 14.3 - 71.5 mm
• 35mm Equivalent: 24 - 120 mm
• Aperture: f2.4 - 4.8 (minimum f16)
• Focus: 5 Area Multi-Point AF with Manual Select
• Minimum Focus Distance: 19.7" (50 cm) (Wide/Tele)
• Macro Focus Distance: 13.7" (35 cm)
• Aperture Range: 16 Step, f2.8 - 16.0
• Shutter Speed: 1/2000 - 30 seconds; Bulb up to 3 minutes
• Manual Exposure: ±2.0 EV, 1/3 EV Step
• Color LCD: 2.0" 134K Pixels LCD with Free-angle Rotation90
• Eye-Level Finder: Hi-Speed TTL 0.44" 235K Pixels Precision TFT LCD; 100% coverage; Eye sensor90
• Flash Modes: Auto/Forced On/Forced Off/Slow Synchro
• Red-Eye Reduction: On/Off
• Flash Effective Range: WIDE" 1' 8" - 12' 10" (0.5 - 3.9m); TELE: 1' 8" - 7' 10" (0.5 - 2.4m)
• White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Flash, One Push (White Balance Adjustment: -3 - +3, by step)
• Picture Effects: Black and White, Sepia
• ISO: Auto, 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
• Scene Modes: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Portrait, Landscape
• Self-Timer: Yes, 10 Seconds
• Still Image Modes: JPEG (Fine/Standard) and RAW
• MPEG Movie Mode: N/A
• Microphone / Speaker: N/A / N/A
• USB Terminal: Yes, Supports USB 2.0 High Speed81
• Memory Stick PRO™ Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 4 GB media capacity44; does not support Access Control security function
• Battery Type/Capacity: InfoLithium® NP-FM50 1180mAH Rated
• Supplied Software: Picture Package™ for Sony v1.6 (Windows), Pixela™ ImageMixer VCD2 (Macintosh), Sony Image Data Converter SRF v1.0 (Windows & Macintosh), USB Driver
• OS Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 98, 98SE, 2000 Professional, ME, XP Home and Professional; Macintosh® OS X (v 10.1.5 or later). OS must be installed at the factory.
• Dimensions: (WHD): 5 1/2" x 3 7/8” x 6 1/8” (139.4 x 97.7 x 156mm)
• Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz. (926g) body; 2 lbs., 6 oz. (1047 g) including battery and Memory Stick media

11 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

$1000 =\, but I looked up the lens that is on it, "Carl Ziess" turns out they make the best lens's in the world and that size of lens by itself is around 700 bucks. It's insane how good of a camera this is, I have a feeling it's going to corner the market in fixed lens camera's. It doesn't do macro but you can get an adapter for it that will allow it to do so, I haven't read one bad review about this thing. I think I am going to get it (if I can)

11:41 PM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

I want to get a new camera in the next few months so really appreciate your opinion. The store I was at didn't even have 10+ megapixels, so I just learned that I need to do my homework.

I have camera envy everytime I come here! Or anyone else's site w/ a rock'n good camera.

I won't even tell you what mine is, You would fall on the floor LOL, pee your pants and never get up!!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Our first digital camera was an older Sony with a Zeiss lens. My husband bought it for the lens, too.

(I am still laughing at CameraDawktor's comment.)

8:22 AM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

oh karen- if I did tell him he really would do that. he'd say wtf are you calling yourself cameradawktor for w/ that piece of crap you call a camera!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Wolf said...

Heehee I can tell...you really like this baby! :)
Shes a beauty!! 10mp....wow....ok I want one too!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh yeah wolf, this thing just makes me sick to look at it. I want it bad.

Karen, that lens is worth it.. omg. Your husband knew what he was talkin about.. hehe.

CameraDawktor, wtf are you named that for? I'm just kiddin, heh.. hell take a look at my camera, it's nothing to brag about. Hell you should see the way it really looks. Looks like I left it in my pocket in the wash. lol

12:47 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

that is one hot mama of a camera!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Marino said...

Don't know about all that specs. I just noticed only a 5x optical zoom. That is not that good. If i wanted to be a photographer I'd get me one with 12x optical zoom!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Actually it's a 5x optical with a 15x zoom ;)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Ranando said...

You told me to buy the Nikon D200 and I did.

One of the BEST THINGS I have ever purchased.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Marino said...

Ehm... Ok when I buy a good camera and I have a lot of money available.. I'll ask your opinion.
I'm a photographer n00b.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home