Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Anyone get sick of seeing this?

Those commercials that talk about how pirating movies is stealing? Drives me crazy, they claim that movie pirates are ruining the movie industry, the last commercial was I saw made me nuts... Couple of working class guys who work behind the scenes, building sets, stunt work and such... Claiming that stealing movies affects everyone. Even tho they probably make crappy wage while big overpaid movie stars rake in 4 to 15 mil a movie.

I'll tell you exactly what is ruining the movie industry, the fact that it's almost 10 dollars for an adult ticket, 4.50 for popcorn and 4.50 for a large coke. You take a family of 5 out to the movies and you have to take out a small business loan to cover the expenses. It's cheaper to wait for the movie to come out and watch on dvd. Get this, the more money they loose the more they jack up the prices (like that's gonna help). If people pirate a movie to watch at home, chances are they don't go to the movies (or can't afford to). Anyone ever been to costco? The food court in there rocks, dollar fifty for a coke and a hotdog, 2 bucks for a pizza and 2.60 for a giant chicken bake. Imagine that kinda deal being inside a theater, the place would be packed.

Had to rant about that... I love going to the movies, but I hate it when people spend millions of dollars and spit in your face with a commercial that insults your intelligence by trying to guilt you into not pirating movies.

11 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I agree, totally. Good for you-saying how you feel.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Wolf said...

I agree with that as well! Who can afford to go to the movies on a regular basis without going broke!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Roger that, they have a place up here called the bear's tooth, they play 3 dollar second run movies and have a 5 dollar plate of nacho's that is like 3 ft high... you can never get in there they're so packed.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I agree with you. The Movie Theater chains claim they get a small peice of the ticket price, and thus have to make it up on vendor sales. I figure that's no longer my problem. I'm quite happy with my home entertainment system and don't have to worry about the stickly floors.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Roger that Tom, not to mention that some people can't sem to grasp the simple concept that you're not supposed to talk above a whisper and that people bring babies into the theater. I went to watch dawn of the dead and thes people had a 2 year old kid in there.... I wanted to drag them out by their ears, that kid was freaking out.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Petra Avontuur said...

Lol @ Matt!

I don't know those labels, but I sure can imagine why you'd remove them just because it says you shouldn't, hah!

I hate those commercials too by the way, we go to the movies a lot, and before every film you get a commercial with some people working on a set, saying; "look, we have a visitor!" and then they start applauding for the viewer for going to the cinema, instead of downloading the movie. How dumb is that???

Dave, did these people really bring a 2 year old child to Dawn of the Dead??? I'd have been sooo pissed if I had seen that! Pisses me off just reading it, really! People like that shouldn't be allowed to have kids!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Matt, haha, i'm the same way...(about the mattresses) and you're also right about copying them out of spite, I've started doing that as well... just cause they keep rubbing it in my face.

Skavenger, Yes maam, and I was pissed.. Just as I got up to go over and say something this huge ape of a man turns around and says (in perfectly polite conversation) What kind of an asshole brings a 2 year old to this movie? that's when they got up and left... several of the people near them clapped, as did I. Hah.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Petra Avontuur said...

LOL!

Stuff like this can really make my day :D It's good to know there are still people who DO have some sense in them.

Those parents piss me off nonetheless... Bringing a kid to a horror movie, who in his right mind would do something like that??

10:59 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Amen.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Clockworkchris said...

in case anyone is wondering-I know from experience-copying movies is easy as hell-a two year old could do it. I have my 59 year old computer illiterate mom do it with my netflix when I'm out of town. You have to pay for, or find for download, one program to make the computer think a dvd has no copyright protection and then your off. You don't even have to copy the commercials, warnings, or special BS, just the movie. I could be making a bundle but I don't sell um-just like to have lots of movies to watch when i feel like it. By the way, for anyone thinking I'm an idiot for admitting this your right-but it's all lies-I made it all up-or did I?
Those pirating commercials are a bunch of crap-and if anyone wants to make copies-I will be happy to steer you in the right direction (aka perfectly easy instructions).

7:05 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Skavenger, indeed, what kind of an a-hole would?

Dawn, :)

Chris, I copy Disney movies, because of the 40 thousand commercials they force you to watch at the beginning. They can kiss my ass, should be straight to the menu screen and ask if you want to view the commercials. 8 times out of 10 people would check them outta boredom, or to see if there was a new movie prewiew. Plus, Disney movies are 21 bucks new instead of 18 like standard movies. That goes back to another rant of mine, why disney is loosing money.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home