Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Self Portrait


Stopped at an over pass tonight to grab a few pictures... figured I'd get one of myself for a change... muhahah.

The weather was bad today, real bad... the snow was light and grainy and it snowed all day from morning to night, but just the grainy stuff. The roads were slick as snot and there were at least 100 or so reported accidents today, 6 of them being on the highway blocking my way home. I finally got home at about 7 and went to sleep, at about 11 my buddy Ross called me up and invited me out to grab a bite to eat, I jumped in my car to go meet him, when I arrived at the meeting place I saw Ross standing there talking on the phone and pointing at his car... this car.


Ross is ok but I'm not gonna tell him that I said it was all stupid people getting into wrecks today ;)

A guy in a truck pulled out in front of him on a 35mph street Ross was doing about 20, he hit the guy in the rear and the guy sped off, did not get the license... oops.

7 Comments:

Blogger Petra Avontuur said...

Oh man, Not much chance that's going to be repaired, is there? Looks pretty bad... So he can forget about insurance now? I'm not sure how that stuff works over there, but if the same thing would have happened here, insurance company would pay nothing... Then again, insurance companies are the same all over the world, paying nothing, right? :P

I like the self-portrait picture by the way :)
Looks really cool, a slightly blurred figure on a bridge (awesome bridge!)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

What a jerk, the truck who sped off. Years ago, in perfect weather, when my dad was driving me to school, he accidently barely bumped into the back of someone on a bridge. He got out and went up to the other person and apologized and they made sure everything was okay. There was a small dent I think, don't remember. I'm sure my dad offered to pay something, but I don't think it was such a big deal that the man cared so much.

Glad your friend is okay.

Btw, nice original photo of yourself.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Heather B said...

Love the self portrait photo ... actually I love all your photos! Very well done, stumbled across in bloggerland :)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

the self-portrait shot is really well done and natural-looking

gj

10:12 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Skavenger, Sorta, depends on the policy you have, ross had full coverage but since he did not get the liscense or the make and model of the truck they made him ppay a 500 dollar deductible... yeah they're still bastards tho most people can't afford full coverage.

THanks on the picture :) that figure is me walkin away.

Patty thanks, your dad is a good guy

Heather, :)

Kev, hey what's up man... thanks again

12:51 AM  
Blogger Sonia Sherrod said...

Great photographs! Esp the the overpass one. Am also a visual artist. Good luck with selling your work

12:45 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks to both of you, this one.. I think is my best so far.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home