Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bees


The other day I was working on this lady's house (I work in maintenance on an army base), she came outside to talk to me while I was working and a bee flew past her head. Immediately she started flipping out, waving her arms and trying to smash it, all the while screaming at the top of her lungs. The bee ended up getting hit and promptly stung her on the leg and she ran in the house screaming how she knew it would sting her. I was outside her house about 15 minutes with that bee buzzing around my head and I was never touched, I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Bees only sting in defense and if she woulda just calmed down and let the bee fly past her, he would have completely ignored her. All they care about is their home and collecting food.

Over-reacting (in any situation) is a great way to get stung.

12 Comments:

Blogger whereismymind said...

Came across your site from the listing on blogger. I like it. And we both have the same link to maddoxx, but I link to his picture page. Did you know he's going on tour?

3:35 PM  
Blogger RRWalker said...

she's lucky more bee's didn't get the "signal" and fully attack her.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. And a fantastic picture.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

So let's refresh "Dun ask for trouble unless trouble troubles you"

:P I'll leave the bee alone too and just run for my life hahaha.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

Wow good advice for bees and life in general. . . great picture too!
Ciao

11:43 PM  
Blogger tina oiticica harris said...

thanks for visiting my Portuguese language blog. I have an English language one now. You're welcome to checck it out. Your photos are amazing.

I wish you good luck in blogging.

11:47 PM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Very insightful my man. You must have thought she was such a freak!

My mama always taught me to stay frozen like a statue. While petrified, I'm really greatful for this teaching.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Kai said...

Yup, your face.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Haha, nice. I'll leave it just for that,

4:30 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Funny comments. I thought everyone learned as a child to leave bees alone. I guess her mama never taught her. (Great photo, and a great story, too.)

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Over-reacting (in any situation) is a great way to get stung."

Will someone please send this bit of sage advice to "dubya"?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hah, I wish I could.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home