Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My fishtanks

30 gallon

10 gallon




A couple shots of the 2 fishtanks i've recently pu together over the last 5 days or so. Pictures suck... for the life of me i could not get any good shots =
I only like real plants and natural type settings, both tanks are alot clearer and brighter than pictured here I just could not seem to capture it correctly(i'll have to try again later). I love community tanks, no real aggressive type fish, not sure on some of the fish names i happened to get a real good deal on a bunch of fish in a pet store that was closing down, they told me if i could catch them i could have them.
The 10 gallon has
2 Kuhli loaches
2 ballon mollies
2 dalmation mollies
4 guppies
5 ghost shrimp
2 fire mollies (homer and bart) named by fletcher.
2 beta's
2 bleeding heart tetra's
2 sucker fish(not sure on the name)
2 catfishtype(not sure on the name)

30 gallon
2 beta's
1 gold gourami (5 inches long) (seen in the middle of the top photo)
3 rosey barbed tetra's (each about 3 inches long)
2 other type tetra's(not sure on the name)
2 catfishtype(name again)
2 blue dwarf gourami's
2 sucker fish

12 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Nice. That skull is a sweet touch. Don't worry about the quality of the pictures. It's interesting just seeing something different. How many fish total?

11:31 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Okay...nevermind the question, you just edited that in.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

duun dun
duun dun
dundun
dundun
dun da

11:40 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Go to bed joe..

Heh, ya patty i grabbed it

11:55 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I like the colours and the "otherworldly" feeling of the first 10 gallon photo. Sometimes photos are good for just documenting things. These photos make me want to get fish. (I probably won't, but they made me want to.)

6:32 AM  
Blogger beetle said...

Maybe I'm totally wrong about this (ya know cause I really don't know anything about photography) but I think using a polarizing filter, you can eliminate the glare off of the glass. But I don't know if they make such a thing for your point and shoot or if it'd be worth getting one. They make several accessories for my Olympus but it just doesn't seem worth it to me to buy them. I'll wait until someday when I have a DSLR, to buy toys like that.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Destiny said...

2 coolie loach's

Thats just the funniest word! Coolie in my land means ass!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

hah, 2 ass loach's... classic

rachel, yup.. just have to make sure they have their space... they'll meet up and display every once in awhile and if you have a super aggressive one he'll chase the other but they don't usually fight to the death unless there is a female around.

beetlecat, I'm saving up right now for that cannon rebel xt SLR... then i'll be able to get those shots ;) well witht he help of filters...

6:40 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

1. using the polariser is fantastic to cut certain light from certain angels, u can buy any decent polariser n just hold it in front of the lens n rotate it by hand, i do most of my landscapes like that.

2. if u like fish get a much bigger tank and bigger fish its awesome !! saw one at my friends, its like a large screen television mounted on the wall n well lit, n watch it like tv ... fab meditation

3. merry christmas !

8:19 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yeah i'd love to have a huge tank, I can never have too many fish ;)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Clockworkchris said...

Racheldawn asked my question about the Beta's and you answered it-but they don't fight other fish? Why do all pet stores-etc list them as agressive and tell one to just leave them in a dinky beta tank?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Nope they don't fight with any other breed of fish in my tanks, even the guppies and the ballon mollies (which are considerably smaller than them) when i first dropped them into the tank they chased a few of the other fish around a bit, but i think that's because this was the first time in their lives they had seen another breed of fish. As for each other they establish a pecking order, which ever one displays the biggest/brightest becomes the dominant one and the other/others become submissive.... but they don't kill each other.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home