Several Shots cook inlet sunset Toy Soldier Battle Sunburst and Tree Snowzilla Sidewalk Sunburst Daisy Sunburst 2 Snow water color A great Month My Buddy Ross Rainy Day

Friday, November 18, 2005

Snowmen, 11-18-05



Today was the perfect weather to make snowmen, but it ended up warming up to about 40degrees and the perfect weather for building turned to the perfect melting weather. Melting snow in november(how strange).

At about 2:00 i decided to test out the "snowman factor" since i saw them popping up all over the base(Fort Richardson) So i grabbed a snowball and started rolling.

I rolled it for about 5 minutes and it was just like in the cartoons, haha picked up every bit of snow as it rolled. In the 10 or so years i have been here the weather has never been this perfect for rolling snow.

It ended up getting so damn big that i couldn't push it any longer, i stuck my hand out by it give an idea of the size.
I added these white borders to the pics, any comments on the borders? Good/bad?

11 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (hello) Dave, from that krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. Just looking at thephotos sends a "cold" shiver up my back. We get snow around the middle of the north island & the south island, but we never get snow in Auckland. Take care & all the best !!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

This makes me think of Calvin & Hobbes(the snowman).

On the white borders: I think they are a bit distracting from the pictures. I do kind of prefer the pictures that have no border(or black), where all you see is the picture, that's nice. Well, it's your site, not mine, but that's my opinion.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I did monkey with the snowmen a bit, made them look semi cartoony.. heh yeah i guess it is reminesent of Calvin and Hobbes.

And as for the borders. Yeah, i might drop them.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Get back to work

12:19 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

break time!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

don't make me....

1:15 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

i didn't see any grass angels

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, I like the borders. They set off your images nicely amid the sea of black.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks a ton, ya know the borders are growing on me. I like em too i'm gonna leave em. :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hah, hey man... yea more space. I suck at html that's why i love this blogger stuffs. I think more space between the photos is a great idea(that's why i added the borders I thought the pictures looked crowded)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I like the borders, but I find the white is very bright, which is sometimes competing for attention with the picture. There's one tree picture up there that's got a faint gray border. However, that's a bit too faint. If you could tone down the white and make it a touch more grayish, I think it would set the photos off without taking anything away, IMHO.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home